Airport advertising encompasses all types of out-of-home advertising placed in airports to reach travelers. It includes everything from digital displays on a terminal wall to static ads inside an airport shuttle bus to spectaculars on a concourse.
The best form of airport advertising for your product depends on your budget and what you want to sell. These are the six most popular options.
1. Backlit Dioramas
You can buy these in the gate or terminal area or in baggage claim, which will be less expensive. Backlit displays light up your ad for people passing by. They come freestanding or on a wall, in all different sizes.
2. SpectacularsSpectaculars are lightbox static ads that are generally big, measuring up to 15 feet wide. You can buy them in many areas, including near rental cars, at taxi lines and more.
3. Mini SpectacularsThis format is just like a regular spectacular but smaller. They are often placed in arrival areas or concourses.
4. BannersAirport banners reach across a big portion airport walls between the ceiling and the top of a door or gateway. You encounter many big-name advertisers on these displays because they carry a bigger price tag and capture people’s attention.
5. Digital Video ScreensJust as you see digital video screens in a mall when you walk between stores, such setups also dot concourses and entryways in an airport. Advertisers can film video spots to play on a loop with other advertisers.
6. Airport ShuttlesShuttles ferry passengers between terminals and include ads inside, which tend to perform well because of the long dwell time.
THE BENEFITS OF AIRPORT ADVERTISING INCLUDE: